Hand Building Platters & Plates
December 4 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm$50
Beginners hand building class to learn how to hand build a ceramic platter, plate, or valet dish by slab-building on our Bailey 30″ Slab Roller. Students should be able to complete 2-3 large pieces or several small ones per person. Many different holiday options will be available to make pieces festive, or choose to make one that can stay out year-round.
In this class, you will:
- Get a crash course in ceramic hand building
- Hand build a ceramic platter, plate, or valet dish
- Learn to process from tool to finished projects, from slab to bisque to glazing
- Roll a nice slab to a smooth surface using the Bailey Slab Roller
- Cut slabs into shapes
- Use slump molds as forms for designs
- Add texture and transfers to our designs
- Get glazing ideas and application instruction
Clay can be messy, so dress accordingly! Space is limited so buy your tickets soon!